Freedom from the Inner Critic
November 19 @ 10:00 am - 4:30 pm PST
Have you noticed the negative effects of self-judgment? If you wish to be more free from the torment of the inner critic, this daylong is good medicine. During our day together, you will learn:
- How to recognize judging thoughts;
- Learn to deal effectively with inner critic attacks;
- How to distinguish between negative judgment and wise discernment and discrimination;
- The importance of self-acceptance, self-compassion and metta as an antidote to the critic;
- The need and role of humor in helping us with the critic;
- Cultivating forgiveness in response to judgment.
The day will be a combination of talks, and interactive exercises, mindfulness and loving kindness techniques and practices and is open to new and experienced students. This will be a practical and experiential course taught with lightness, compassion and humor and the need to not take ourselves too seriously.
All are welcome! No one will be turned away for lack of funds as space allows. For more information, please email Registration@spiritrock.org.
*Recording Note: You will have ~90 days from the original program date to view the program. If you would like access to the recording, you must register by the deadline above. The recording will be available in ~10 days after the program.
**Please Note for CEC participants: If you are interested in receiving continuing education credits (CECs), you must register and pay for CECs prior to the start of the program (no retroactive CECs will be given) and you must attend the live program. Please review the CEC information on Spirit Rock’s website.