Freedom from the Inner Critic
November 20, 2020 @ 10:00 am - 5:00 pm PST
Do you experience the painful effects of self-judgment, or hurt from your mind’s harsh attacks on yourself? If you wish to be free from the torment of the inner critic, then this day is for you.
During our time together, you will learn to work with self-judgment with clarity and skill and develop greater self-acceptance, self-compassion and forgiveness as antidotes to criticism. The day will include a combination of talks and interactive exercises, mindfulness and kindness techniques. This will be a practical and experiential day retreat, taught with lightness, compassion and humor and the need to not take ourselves too seriously!
Continuing Education (CE) credit available: 6 CE credits available for $60, for psychologists and California-licensed MFTs, LCSWs, LEPs, LPCCs, nurses, and chiropractors.
Teachings are appropriate for health care professionals as well as the general public. Health care professionals will be able to incorporate the tools and practices offered in this program in ways beneficial to clients or patients. See below for attendance requirements and more information.
Learning Objectives for participating health care professionals-
At the end of the program you will be better able to:
- Utilize mindfulness meditation techniques to develop body awareness, in preparation for, and when working with clients.
- Describe habitual response patterns in clients that are linked to past traumatic events.
- Utilize mindfulness with clients as a resource to begin to work with traumatic responses.
- Utilize Somatic Experiencing skills and Polyvagal exercises with clients to release physical and emotional tension.
Continuing Education content level: Intermediate
This program offers 6 CE credits for $60 for psychologists and California licensed MFTs, LCSWs, LEPs, LPCCs, nurses, chiropractors, licensed by the APA, CA BBS, BRN, BCE, or CBA.
- CE credit for psychologists is provided by the Spiritual Competency Resource Center (SCRC). The Spiritual Competency Resource Center (SCRC) is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. The Spiritual Competency Resource Center maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
- The California Board of Behavioral Sciences accepts CE credits for LCSW, LPCC, LEP, and LMFT license renewal for programs offered by approved sponsors of CE by the American Psychological Association.
- Spirit Rock is a provider approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider Number CEP16905 for 6 contact hours.
- The California Board of Chiropractic Examiners Code of Regulations 361(h)(2) provides that continuing education requirements may be met by taking continuing education courses by any California Healing Arts Board approved provider, including those approved by the BRN.
For those with a different license or board, please contact your licensing board directly to ask if CE credit from the above-approved sponsors is accepted.