Walking the Eight-Fold Path – Online
March 17 @ 6:00 pm - May 5 @ 8:00 pm PDT| US $195
The Buddha’s teaching elucidates how to wake up and free oneself from suffering and its deeply rooted causes. He taught a comprehensive path to uproot ignorance in an individual’s life and find peace and clarity in the midst of any circumstance. He believed following his Eight-Fold Path would lead to liberation for the mind, body, and spirit. And for thousands of years Buddhist monks, nuns and lay practitioners have followed this accessible path, learning to meet life with wisdom and compassion. If you want to understand this path, how to free yourself from suffering, this course is for you.
During Walking the Eight-Fold Path, I will guide you along the breadth of the path. We will explore each tenet of the 8 fold path path–right view, right intention, right speech, right action, right livelihood, right effort, right mindfulness, and right concentration–and discover how they inform your Dharma practice as a whole. By the end of this course, you will learn how to integrate these profound teachings into your life so that every thing you do is part of your spiritual journey.
The course will consist of:
- 8 weekly online meetings (conducted on Zoom) at 6-8 pm Pacific Time (9-11 pm Eastern Time)
- Weekly readings based on each limb of the path
- Weekly reflections and inquiry
- Guided meditations
- Applications on how to integrate teachings into daily life
- Gain a working knowledge of each limb of the 8-fold path
- Explore the key principles of meditation – effort, mindfulness & concentration
- Learn to apply ethical principles into actions, communication and work
- Understand the centrality of wisdom & motivation on the path
- Develop a broader knowledge of the depth and scope of Buddhism
As part of this course, you will be reading Bhikku Bodhi’s The Noble Eightfold Path.
Dates and Times:
March 17, 24, 31, April 7, 14, 21, 28, and May 5
All Zoom meetings will run from 6 – 8 pm Pacific Time | 9 – 11 pm Eastern Time
The live course sessions will be held on Zoom. Zoom sign in details will be sent to you by email after registration.
If you miss any of the live sessions, they will be recorded and that recording will be made available to watch through a participant-only portion of this website within a few days of the live session. You will have access to the recordings and the participant-only portion of the website through July 15, 2021.
Cancellations and Refunds
$45 of your deposit is non-refundable, no exceptions. If you find that you cannot attend the course, let us know as soon as possible. There will be no refunds for cancellations made within 72 hours of the first live session.
By registering for this workshop, you are agreeing to these terms.